Am I not meant to love wedding dresses?

I am not sure if it’s just me and I’m the only female on the planet that actually does not like the majority of wedding dresses. I do not experience that wild excited feeling when I Google image them or look on wedding websites. I’ve never been a person who has dreamed of what wedding dress I would wear. I also really don’t like clothes shopping at all so maybe it stems from there!! When I see something I do like, I buy it immediately as I know what I do like but this is rare. Just like I confidently designed my engagement ring in 20 minutes flat which I feel was rather impressive.  I think I dislike 90% of the wedding dresses I’ve looked at and the other 10%, well I just like specific parts on them… Is it only me?

I’ve only been engaged for a month so it’s early days but I think it’s a normal thing to do and consider what dress I would like to have. God only knows what I’ll rock up in but I don’t think it’s going to be something typical or traditional. Did/does anyone else have this situation? Ladies, gentlemen? Enlighten me!

XxJCxX

Published by

jennyconlon

Jenny Conlon is a broadcast, freelance journalist, writer and fashion and entertainment critic. Her work has featured on the RTÉ. fashion and entertainments website. She has assisted production of RTÉ's Morning Ireland and The Business. Jenny produced and presented a weekly fashion and entertainment show Girls Talk Back on 103.2 Dublin City Fm and was Newsreader and Editor of the newsroom. Her work continues to feature in Irish publications such as The Irish Tatler, U magazine and The Dubliner. Jenny completed her Masters in International Journalism in 2009. She is looking forward to a jam packed 2012 where she will continue broadcasting and writing and being inspired. She will be modelling for a high street fashion shoot and plans to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.....

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s