Let’s face it, everyone is somewhat conscious about strutting their thang down a beach when the summer months come around. These are some things that I think help you get a comfortable bikini body. There is no ideal body shape, everyone is different… but these tips will help you feel more confident if you’re worried about getting into a bikini this summer.
- Drink 2-3 litres of water a day – Good for your skin and keeps you feeling fuller for longer. Avoid soft drinks, even diet coke, lethal!
- Cut out white wine & beer (drink clean, vodka, soda, lime etc.. the odd red wine is ok too). You don’t need to become boring, just become aware. Wine and beer lead to a jelly belly.
- Stop eating crapola – They say that it’s 80% nutrition and 20% exercise… Once your eating is right everything else should follow. Eating healthy does not have to be boring. I recently bought Madeleine Shaw’s book so that’s filled with gorgeous nutritious food.
- Do your exercise in the morning – Go for a 30 minute jog the minute you wake up before you’ve eaten. That way your work out will be more effective.
- Don’t crash diet – This is the worst thing you could do, people will go on juice detox or like a mad diet before their holidays. This won’t work. It might for a week. But you need to be consistent and just eat normally, breakfast, lunch and dinner… Otherwise you’ll create a problem for your metabolism.
- Try switch carbs for protein in the few weeks before your holiday. Eating an omelette in the evening instead of a baked potato..
- Eat full fat everything.. in moderation.. and low fat nothing. Fat does not make you fat, sugar does. Fat makes you feel full. Low fat won’t as it’s full of sugar…